By submitting this form, I, as legal guardian and/or parent of the above named child, acknowledge and give permission for my child to attend events at the Lighthouse Youth Center, located at 239 Main Street, Denver PA 17517 and run by REAL Life Community Services. I understand that, while on the REAL Life Community Services property, my child will be under the authority of the volunteers and staff there. They will obey all rules and requirements as posted and explained by said volunteers and staff.
1. No child will have possession of a cell phone during the Lighthouse event activity. If a cell phone is brought with the student, it will be checked in at the door and returned when the student is leaving the property. If a parent needs to contact their child, they can call the REAL Life Community Services number, 717-336-7797.
2. Students will be respectful of other individuals' personal space. There will be no aggressive behavior or physical displays of affection during the events.
3. There will be no backpacks used during the events. they can be checked at the door if a student must bring one along.
4. All students are responsible to find their own tranpsortation to and from the event, arriving at 6:30 pm and leaving between 8:00 and 8:30 pm each night.
5. If a student leaves the building before 8:00 pm, the parent will be notified as soon as the staff determines that the student is gone.
6. Students will be expected to follow all Lighthouse rules. These are to be clearly explained on the first day of Lighthouse gatherings, repeated for several weeks, and then intermittently reviewed. These rules include, but are not limited to:
a. During Discussion time, only one person in the room speaks at at time. This is usually an adult, unless a student has raised his/her hand and has been called upon.
b. All participants are to be respectly to and cooperate with Lighthouse staff and fellow students.
c. All attendees are to raise hands and wait to be acknowledged before talking.
d. Students shall not engage in any of the following throughout the Lighthouse Event:
- Making inappropriate noises or comments
- Name-calling or using profanity
- Showing blatant disrespect for other students or volunteers
- Showing dispresepect for the Lighthouse or other
- Displaying physical aggression toward other students
- Bullying other students or volunteers.
e. Any behavior contrary to the guidelines provided will result in the staff of the Lighthouse Youth Center calling the parent. If the behavior does not improve, the student can and will be suspended from attending Lighthouse activities.
7. I give my permission for my student to be photographed in group activities and those photographs to be used for different REAL Life Community Services promotional materials.